The Kappa Phi-at-Large Chapter is the Central Minnesota honor society of nursing. There are nearly 200 area registered nurses and student nurse members representing St. Cloud Hospital, the VA medical center, the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University, Saint Cloud State University, and other businesses in the community.
Meetings will be held in the Kremers Room at CentraCare Plaza (1900 CentraCare Circle, St. Cloud, Minnesota 56303) at 5:00 PM. All members are invited to attend.
- Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 (Business Meeting Following Induction Ceremony)
COURTYARD MARRIOTT, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Monday, November 21st, 2016
- Monday, January 30th, 2017
- Monday, February 27th, 2016
- Monday, March 27th, 2016
- Monday, April 24th, 2016
- Late May/Early June - Date/Time TBD Officer and Committee Transition Meeting
OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED
We are looking for members who are interested in being mentored or interested in mentoring as part of our mentorship program. Prior to application, all mentees must be an active member in STTI. This is strongly encouraged if you are a new member to STTI.
Members eligible to be mentors must be active chapter members for at least one (1) full year or a newly inducted nurse leader.
Members can also choose to be both mentors and mentees. This is applicable especially for staff who are interested in professional development or pursuing a graduate degree. We will pair you according to your interests and experience in order to best meet your professional development.
If interested, please contact Roberta Basol. Click here to e-mail Roberta about the Mentorship Program.
We are looking for volunteers to help with our annual fundraiser to give back to the community. If you are interested, please let Ariel Roering. Click here to e-mail Ariel about the Spring Fundraiser.
The Leadership Succession Committee handles all openings for our board and committee members. Each position is a 2 year term.
Currently, there are opening within our Archives Committee, Membership Engagement Committee, and Chapter Key Award Committee.
- Oversee the filing and/or preservation of committee meeting minutes.
- Manage the collection and preservation of statistics, documents, individual contributions and other information of historical significance for the honor society/chapter.
- Oversee the process of developing and maintaining a written history of the honor society/chapter, which is annually reviewed and updated.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of archivist.
Contact the Leadership Succession Committee regarding joining the Archives Committee.
Membership Engagement Committee
- Oversee the promotion of membership renewal and membership involvement.
- Manage the process of involving members in a committee membership.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a new member mentoring program.
- Plan and implement an orientation for new inductees, multiple, and transfer members.
- Create member interest inventories to assess member needs and interests. Share results with board and committees as needed.
- Ensure members are aware of their responsibility to keep honor society/chapter/STTI informed of their current contact information so members may receive correspondence and benefits.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of membership involvement chair. Submit modifications of new policies and procedures to the board of directors for approval.
Contact the Leadership Succession Committee regarding joining the Membership Engagement Committee.
Chapter Key Award Committee
- Create strategic planning in order to meet criteria to apply for the Chapter Key Award.
- Help oversee the implementation of the strategic plan for obtaining the Chapter Key Award.
- Gather information to support the attainment of the Chapter Key Award and submit application.
Contact the Leadership Succession Committee regarding joining the Chapter Key Award Committee.
TO JOIN KAPPA PHI-AT-LARGE CHAPTER
If interested in joining our chapter, please visit the Apply Now webpage for more information. If you were inducted as a member in the past, but are no longer active, please click on the "Renew Today!" tab on the upper right hand side of your screen. Please keep in mind that only active member can have access to and participate in forum discussion on our website.